Terms of Service
1. (Consultant) will provide Client with Search Engine Optimization Services (hereinafter referred to as “SEO”) as described in this contract. (Consultant) will use specific keywords and/or phrases to improve the search engine ranking of, and/or position the contents of the Client’s website.
2. All fees must be paid in full prior to the start of campaign.
(Consultant)’s SEO services are intended to serve two main purposes: 1) to provide the Client with increased exposure in search engines, and 2) to drive targeted online traffic to the Client’s web site or other landing page, or contact form.
(Consultant)’s SEO Services will include (but are not limited to):
•Researching keywords and phrases to select appropriate, relevant search terms.
•Obtaining “back links” from other related websites and directories in order to generate link popularity and traffic.
•Analysis and recommendations on optimal website structure, navigation, code, etc. for best SEO purposes.
•Recommend, as required, additional web pages or content for the purpose of “catching” keyword/phrase searches.
•Create traffic and ranking reports for client and any associated pages showing rankings in the major search engines.
3. For the purposes of receiving professional SEO services, Client agrees to provide the following:
• Administrative/backend access to the website for analysis of content and structure.
• Permission to make changes for the purpose of optimization, and to communicate directly with any third parties, e.g., your web designer, if necessary.
• Unlimited access to existing website traffic statistics for analysis and tracking purposes.
• A client email address for the purposes of requesting links.
• Authorization to use client pictures, logos, trademarks, web site images, pamphlets, content, etc., for any use as deemed necessary by company for search engine optimization purposes.
• If Client’s site is lacking in textual content, Client will provide additional text content in electronic format for the purpose of creating additional or richer web pages. (Consultant) can create site content at additional cost to the Client. If Client is interested in purchasing content from (Consultant), please contact (Consultant) for a cost estimate.
4. Client must acknowledge the following with respect to SEO services:
•All fees are non-refundable.
•All fees, services, documents, recommendations, and reports are confidential.
•(Consultant) has no control over the policies of search engines with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. The Client’s website may be excluded from any directory or search engine at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory.
•Due to the competitiveness of some keywords/phrases, ongoing changes in search engine ranking algorithms, and other competitive factors, (Consultant) does not guarantee #1 positions or consistent top 10 positions for any particular keyword, phrase, or search term. However, if (Consultant) fails to increase traffic to the site, (Consultant) will continue SEO services at no added cost to the Client until there is a site traffic increase.
•Google has been known to hinder the rankings of new websites (or pages) until they have proven their viability to exist for more than 1 year. This is referred to as the “Google Sandbox.” (Consultant) assumes no liability for ranking/traffic/indexing issues related to Google Sandbox penalties.
•Occasionally, search engines will drop listings for no apparent or predictable reason. Often, the listing will reappear without any additional SEO. Should a listing be dropped during the SEO campaign and does not reappear within 30 days of campaign completion, (Consultant) will re-optimize the website/page based on the current policies of the search engine in question.
•Some search directories offer expedited listing services for a fee. If the Client wishes to engage in said expedited listing services (e.g., paid directories), the Client is responsible for all paid for inclusion or expedited service fees. (Consultant) can offer a list of expedited listing services upon request.
•Linking to “bad neighborhoods” or getting links from “link farms” can seriously damage all SEO efforts. (Consultant) does not assume liability for the Client’s choice to link to or obtain a link from any particular website without prior consultation.
5. (Consultant) is not responsible for changes made to the website by other parties that adversely affect the search engine rankings of the Client’s website.
6. Additional Services not listed herein will be provided at an agreed per hour fee.
7. The Client guarantees any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork provided to (Consultant) for inclusion on the website above are owned by the Client, or that the Client has received permission from the rightful owner(s) to use each of the elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend (Consultant) and its subcontractors from any liability or suit arising from the use of such elements.
8. (Consultant) is not responsible for the Client overwriting SEO work to the Client’s site. (e.g., Client/webmaster uploading over work already provided/optimized). The Client will be charged an additional fee for re-constructing content, based on the hourly rate of $XX per hour. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, (Consultant’s) obligation to provide free SEO services shall cease in the event the Client’s conduct overwrites the SEO services provided. For example, if the client’s webmaster uploads content without consulting (Consultant), then (Consultant’s) obligation to provide SEO services for free shall terminate.
Note: In the case of disputes that may arrise. All arbitration will be handled in the Consultant’s city of residence.